Improving your posture: 7 reasons it’s important
1. Improving your posture increases your lung capacity and improves the flow of oxygen.
Interested in improving your posture but spending long hours at work? Try this next time you’re seated at your desk: take a deep breath in through your nose, lower and relax your shoulders, and exhale slowly through your mouth. Make sure your legs are uncrossed and your feet are flat on the floor. Set yourself a timer on your phone to remember to check your posture regularly.
2. When you sit straighter at your desk, your concentration and productivity increases.
More blood flow to your brain means your capacity to focus. Try sitting up taller at your desk and you may notice and increase in your workflow!
3. When you improve your posture your self-confidence will improve, and other people will notice, too!
When your posture improves, you present yourself in a better light. You’ll feel more confident, and others will see you as a more assertive person, too. If you have a job interview coming up, work to improve your posture and you may be pleasantly surprised by the outcome.
4. See increased benefits from your workouts, and decrease your risk of pain and injury.
Workouts aren’t just about lifting heavy – proper form is essential and can both prevent injury and increase your productivity. When your spine is in line, you may be able to pump more iron, anyway!
5. If you’re serious about improving your posture, it gives you an excuse to buy a new chair!
A workstation that promotes proper posture is worth much more than the retail price. If your chair looks sad and worn, then it’s time to replace it. Look for one with a high back, good lumbar support, and one that flexes and moves with you. Your body will thank you for it!
6. When you improve your posture, it decreases the abnormal wearing of your joints.
Prevent issues later in life by working on your posture now. Trust us – 75 year old you will thank you for it!
7. Improving your posture gives you a great reason to try BladeFlex!
When you use BladeFlex’s posture training system for just minutes a day, you’ll get a subtle reminder to maintain proper posture. BladeFlex can be worn at work, at the gym or at home, and putting it on is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Get yours today.